1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you had a PIAF Forum account in the vBulletin days, log in with your old credentials. Otherwise, sign up again and we'll get you back in business as soon as we can.
  3. A serious FreePBX vulnerability has been reported. Update your Framework Module immediately. Click here for details.
  4. Critical FreePBX vulnerability! Update your server immediately. Details here.

-bash: /usr/local/sbin/install-a2billing: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or

Discussion in 'Add-On Install Instructions' started by Netizen, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Netizen New Member

Hi people,

Any ideas I am getting the following message when I'm trying to install a2billing?

-bash: /usr/local/sbin/install-a2billing: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I have already updated scripts.

Any ideas?
    Thank you
    Netizen
  2. jroper Guru

Have you searched for anyone else with the same problem?

Joe
  3. madoleh New Member

That was good, Joe!!!
  4. Netizen New Member

Yes I did
    Not everybody uses Google as first preference you see.
    N
  5. megazot New Member

i have solved this problem in this way:
    cd /usr/local/sbin
    dos2unix install-a2billing
    install-a2billing.

the script was opened with winzozz editor!!!! :(
  6. synchronous New Member

nice fix

I had the same issue and this worked for me beautifully. Great work.
  7. blanchae Guru

The ^M is the clue. This indicates that somehow the script or text file was created using an MSDOS editor and not a Unix editor. MSDOS terminates end of lines with the ASCII characters CR (carriage return) and LF (Line Feed) while Unix only uses LF. When a MSDOS created script runs, Unix chokes on the extra character and reports it as the keyboard shortcut ^M. You can use the "^" series of keyboard shortcuts to "type" in ASCII control characters. You can read the details on my online book Introduction to Data Communications
  8. kenn10 Guru

Well, as much as I worry about Google becoming self aware and turning into SkyNet, it still is the best search engine for more technical searches.
  9. callingcard New Member

Wonderful Solution which worked from the very first time.

Thank you!