1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you had a PIAF Forum account in the vBulletin days, log in with your old credentials. Otherwise, sign up again and we'll get you back in business as soon as we can.
  3. A serious FreePBX vulnerability has been reported. Update your Framework Module immediately. Click here for details.
  4. Critical FreePBX vulnerability! Update your server immediately. Details here.

DEAL DIY PIAF2 Server ~$200

Discussion in 'Items/Jobs/Services: For Sale or Wanted' started by wardmundy, Feb 29, 2012.

1. wardmundy Nerd Uno

[IMG]

Note: Dual Core model is available for $30 more. Not really necessary, but many will want it.

Wireless Suport: Doesn't work out of the box. Here's the link to FoxConn if you really, really like water torture.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Click on the images for the NewEgg links. Any matching RAM and SATA III SSD will do. So you can probably beat these prices with a little surfing.

Installation: Remove 4 case screws and gently pry off the cover. Remove the carrier for the drive (4 more screws) and insert SSD then insert and replace screws. Insert RAM. Snap into place. Snap on cover. Replace screws. 2 minutes!!

This includes a free 4GB thumb drive which we figure is worth $3 and any shipping charges. :smile5:

Only trick is, using new PIAF2 flash drive installer with ISO2USB, the settings should be SDC and SDA instead of SDB and SDA when you build the PIAF2 Flash installer. Works great!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. gregc Guru

Wow. Didn't take long to get that up and running!

They really are great little boxes and no reason not to buy two and clone em so you have a quick and easy backup solution. I played with this yesterday. Booted up the backup (both are static IP'd with the same address) and unplugged the Cat5 from the primary and moved it to the secondary. All worked peachy.

-Greg
  3. lgaetz Pundit

There was a post here about a year ago about a mini foxconn board that would accept Digium compatible fox/fxs daughter boards. Has anyone seen a consumer device built around one of these boards?
  4. wardmundy Nerd Uno

How About This Dual-Core Baby for $93.50

With the (better hurry) sale price, that brings the total system price to under $200... just $185!!!

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. gregc Guru

Ohh... with PCI Express interface. Nice!
  6. atsak Guru

Don't assume the PCI-e interface is accessible on the case (ie don't assume you can actually mount a card) unless you can see it from another angle :)
  7. wardmundy Nerd Uno

We'll know soon enough. Tom has ordered one.
  8. drmurdoch Member

Foxconn R30-A1

Foxconn R30-A1 [link]

1*PCI Express*16 slot(only support PCIE*4 ard)

Motherboard AHD1S-K

Tom's hardware on the AHD1S-K
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/e-350-motherboard-brazos,2958-5.html
  9. darmock PIAF Developer

:D

Mostly to test out a pcie card I got from openvox..... oh boy.

Since it is an AMD it should run prox with no problems also just dump on 8gb and away you go.... quite the deal....I just happen to have a rather huge 2.5" ssd laying around to drop into it and had the memory in a drawer that just happened to fit so GREAT DEAL.

Actually with free shipping (usually you get screwed on this) with the secret savings code under a $100 dollar bill cant beat it. Also I think I have the same case in the lab so I bet a pcie card will fit just fine. Like the openvox 400e or similar form factor.

Tom
  10. drmurdoch Member

Think it would take a Sangoma A200 ?
    http://sangoma.com/assets/docs/datasheets/en/a200.pdf

Updated March 01, 2012 22:52

It does mention PCIe in the intro (but not in the specs as you say).

This probably has more info.

http://sangoma.com/products/hardware_products/analog_telephony/a200/specs.html

Fully PCI 2.2 and PCI Express compliant, compatible with all commercially available motherboards, proper sharing of PCI interrupts
  11. darmock PIAF Developer

that spec sheet is for PCI not PCIE unless I am reading it wrong.

Would like to say yes but we have NO Sangoma cards in our library for some reason.......

the sangomas look pretty thick compared to an openvox. BTW the new openvox cards with hardware echo cancellation are second to none along with their new V100 transcoding card which "just works" out of the box.

Tom
  12. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Send one along and I'm sure Tom would be glad to "test it" for a few years. :wink5:
  13. wardmundy Nerd Uno

You Snooze, You Lose

[IMG]
  14. wardmundy Nerd Uno

The above units are now back in stock. Coupon code no longer works but still a great deal. Add a SATA III SSD and up to 8GB of notebook RAM for an awesome Proxmox virtualization machine behind a secure firewall.

[IMG]
  15. drmurdoch Member

[IMG]
    Nice 60% markup newegg.ca !
    Especially the dollar being at par :)
  16. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
  17. darmock PIAF Developer

actually US dollar is .93... per canuck buck

Tom
  18. lgaetz Pundit

Bank of Canuckistan is posting rates today (and over the last week) that put the dollars nearly at parity, only a fraction of a penny candy in the difference.
  19. darmock PIAF Developer

Damn I sent money to someone in canada few days ago and it cost 1.07 to buy 1 canukbuck
  20. airwolf3000 New Member

Ward, I will be very much interested in about 5 to 8 pieces, my problem it's, I am overseas, Colombia, shipping it's not a problem, I have an agent in Orlando, Fl. he will be glad to get me the stuff.

I can not bring it, into the Country, all in separate pieces, has to assemble as a single package and I also need a bigger hard drive 300 GB or about that range.

Also I will have to pay via bank transfer, big no-no to do it now with a credit card

you can contact me at cortiz1bog at gmail dot com or cortiz1bog on skype, but having a busy schedule lately, only late evening, real late

thanks, airwolf3000