1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you had a PIAF Forum account in the vBulletin days, log in with your old credentials. Otherwise, sign up again and we'll get you back in business as soon as we can.
  3. A serious FreePBX vulnerability has been reported. Update your Framework Module immediately. Click here for details.
  4. Critical FreePBX vulnerability! Update your server immediately. Details here.

Introducing TeleYapper 5.0

Discussion in 'Add-On Install Instructions' started by wardmundy, Oct 10, 2010.

1. wardmundy Nerd Uno

It's TeleYapper 5.0: The Ultimate RoboDialer & RoboResponse System for Asterisk

[IMG]

2. rossiv Guru

This looks awesome! But I am getting an error message -
    Code:
    Uploaded: yrbktest.csv
    Type: text/csv
    Size: 0.2294921875 Kb
    New upload stored: upload/reminders.csv
    Processing new data upload scheduled...
    Sorry.
    File type  : text/csv

and

Code:
    Uploaded: test.xml
    Type: text/xml
    Size: 0.5205078125 Kb
    New upload stored: upload/reminders.xml
    Sorry.
    File type  : text/xml

However, the call goes through regardless, and just uses the default config file. For some reason, it will not accept my config files. I have even used SAMBA to copy the default config.php to my computer, then re-uploaded it via the web, and got the same error.
  3. wardmundy Nerd Uno

The config file should be something.php. It looks like you're attempting to upload a .csv file as the config file.

In short, you upload either a .csv or .xml file and then optionally a config file known as something.php.
  4. rossiv Guru

Nope, I am sure that I am uploading a php for the config and a csv/xml for the data.

Edit: Attached are my configs

Attached Files:

5. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Works fine for me with Firefox using your files...

That would narrow it down to either a browser or editor problem unless a file got corrupted during the install.
  6. rossiv Guru

Well, I was using textedit and firefox on my mac. What encoding does it need to be in? I had it as UTF-8. I also tried installing it on a 1.7.5.5 GOLD install on my dev box and got the same result. Must be something with the encoding or files...
  7. wardmundy Nerd Uno

My test used the same software on a Mac. Be sure TextEdit is set to store as Plain Text.
  8. TheShniz Guru

I was definately excited to see it's been updated to work with Asterisk 1.6.x, but I must say it appears to be a huge step backward compared to the older 4.x with the inclusion of Deacon's TyphoneBook (which in itself I feel was the defining attribute for its usability).

I've often wondered how difficult it would be to update TeleYapper's syntax, but haven't had the neccessity as yet (i.e. having a site also w/ Microsoft Exchange Integration). Perhaps one day Deacon will rewrite/update his TyphoneBook, or perhaps I'll update the older's syntax... regardless, more choices are better than fewer and I appreciate the release... but here's to hoping it remains a work in progress (and you've got a great track record)!
  9. The Deacon Guru

Thanks for the kind words about TYPhonebook!

I'm away from home for a few days, but will look to get TeleYapper 5 installed on a box later this week and see about updating the TY Phonebook. It has been way too long since TY Phonebook has been updated!

-Rick

P.S. I assume that this can also be installed without issues on IncrediblePBX, right?
  10. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Thanks for the not-so-kind words about TeleYapper 5.0. Have you even tried it??

It's incredibly simple to interface TeleYapper 5.0 with any database. That was one of the critical requirements for this update. Not everyone uses MySQL.

Once the database has been generated by whatever means, just export either a .csv or .xml formatted file in the proper format (see article) with reminders.csv or reminders.xml as the filename. Then use SAMBA (or a script if it's local in a MySQL or SQLite table) to copy it into /var/www/html/appt-reminders/upload. TeleYapper 5.0 does the rest.

If you view TeleYapper 5.0 as a "huge step backwards," then you really need to read the article one more time... slowly. :rolleyes5:

And, yes, it works fine on The Incredible PBX platform.
  11. TheShniz Guru

I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest, and yes I have tried teleyapper 5.0. Again, you've made a great backend script (I like its simplicity compared to prev release), but in terms of usability: I'm just operating off the assumption that most people don't want have to deal with generating and uploading XML/CSV's, and much prefer the elegance of the web interface available for teleyapper 4.0. This leaves two options, 1.) upgrade teleyapper 4.0 syntax, or 2.) upgrade Typhonebook to support 5.0... that's all I was saying. Please don't read any more into it, thanx again for the release (I just look forward to its continued development, a good starting point/foundation).
  12. wardmundy Nerd Uno

[IMG]

Nothing, of course, precludes data entry directly into the reminders.reminders MySQL table so long as the id (system generated), status, and failedcalls fields are left blank in every record.

Once all the data has been entered, it's simple to kick off a TeleYapper session:
    1. Switch to the /var/www/html/appt-reminders directory
    2. Set the desired options in config.php
    3. Then run: ./gen-mysql.php
    Works just like the old versions, only better. ;)
  13. The Deacon Guru

So would it make sense to update TY Phonebook to work with version 5?
  14. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Absolutely. :D

Article Update:

The Old Fashioned Way. For those of you that preferred the older method of entering data directly into MySQL, you still can use phpMyAdmin or some other front-end tool to enter the data directly into the reminders.reminders table. Just leave the id field blank since it automatically gets generated by MySQL. And either leave the status and failedcalls fields blank or set them to 0. They also are system-generated. Once you have your data in place, log into your server as root, and...
    cd /var/www/html/appt-reminders
    Configure config.php for your calling campaign
    Run ./gen-mysql.php to kick off TeleYapper 5.0

15. No good deed goes unpunished! :smile5:

Thanks ward for the seemingly endless behind the scenes efforts to continuously introduce new or improved PBXIAF core features and components!

Brian
  16. oneadvent New Member

gen-mysql.php

I do not seem to have that in my /var/www/html/appt-reminders/ directory? Am I looking in the wrong spot?? here is my ls:
    Code:
    root@joshsphone:/var/www/html/appt-reminders $ ls
    calls               gen-csv.php        reminders.csv    uploadcsv
    config.default.php  gen-csv.sh         reminders.php    upload_csv_file.php
    config.php          gen-reminders.php  reminders.sql    upload.php
    crontab.txt         gen-xml.php        reminders.xml    uploadxml
    dialplan.txt        import-xml.php     showcalls.sh     upload_xml_file.php
    dircheck.php        index.php          stopcalls.sh
    filelock            quiet60.wav        teleyapper.conf
    gen-calls.php       quiet6.wav         upload

and yes I am aware joshshphone doesn't link to it...failed experiment.
  17. rossiv Guru

Of course, now it works.....
    Code:
    Uploaded: reminders.xml
    Type: text/xml
    Size: 0.50390625 Kb
    New upload stored: upload/reminders.xml
    Uploaded: reminders.php
    Type: text/php
    Size: 3.8125 Kb
    New config stored: config.php
    Processing will continue with new config...  

I named both files reminders.xml and reminders.php respectively...
    -Edit:
    It works! :D
  18. oneadvent New Member

ward updated, and now that file is present for all.
  19. wardmundy Nerd Uno

20. deano Member

reminders

What a great addition. I can't wait to get my 1.7.5.5 unit up and running to try this out.

Just a quick question......

IS there any work being done to be able to make this work with the reminders front end? I get the concept but the basic one off is a great solution for me at this point.

Thanks