1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you had a PIAF Forum account in the vBulletin days, log in with your old credentials. Otherwise, sign up again and we'll get you back in business as soon as we can.
  3. A serious FreePBX vulnerability has been reported. Update your Framework Module immediately. Click here for details.
  4. Critical FreePBX vulnerability! Update your server immediately. Details here.

PIAF2: /var/log/messages missing

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting and Fixes' started by jucha, Dec 27, 2011.

1. jucha New Member

File /var/log/messages does not exists in centos 6.1 and 6.2.
    I ran an phpagi, and i can not to see errors like oracle conection.
    I create manual the file, but nothing.

cron, maillog, spoller does not exists, yet.
    :confused5:
  2. randy7376 Guru

I just did an install about an hour ago and /var/log/messages exists for me along with the others you mentioned.

What do you get if you run:
    Code:
    rpm -qa | grep -i syslog
    It should return rsyslog-4.6.2-12.el6.i686 which I believe is the package name for syslog in CentOS. If it's missing, you can try to install via yum:

Code:
    yum -y install rsyslog
    I would suggest that if you find other problems, you might want to consider a re-install.
  3. darmock PIAF Developer

There are any number of changes

start here

http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.2

The list of changes is vast. We have tried to take into account these changes however we can't make it just like it was in Centos 5.x. So people have to adapt and overcome. For example cron is different as is init.

Tom
  4. jucha New Member

Hi, I have PIAF 2061 64Bits

root@piaf1:/etc/asterisk $ rpm -qa | grep -i syslog
    syslog-ng-3.2.5-1.el6.x86_64
    root@piaf1:/etc/asterisk $

root@piaf1:/etc/asterisk $ yum -y install rsyslog
    Transaction Check Error:
    file /etc/logrotate.d/syslog from install of rsyslog-4.6.2-12.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package syslog-ng-3.2.5-1.el6.x86_64
    :confused5:
  5. randy7376 Guru

You already have syslog installed. Hence, the conflict.
  6. jucha New Member